Batteries will replace Solar power technology soon , lets find out ?
– Currenly in U.S electricity is generated by either Wind mills but when wind goes down its generated by natural gas.
– As we go on building more solar panels the cost of making will get cheaper the price is reduced to 20%
as compared to last decade.
– Batteries are expensive , they are useful where Solar power less state like Hawaii .
– The Tesla Gigafactory 1 is a lithium-ion battery factory under construction, primarily for Tesla, Inc., at the Tahoe Reno Industrial Center (TRIC) in Storey County (near the community of Clark, Nevada, United States).
– The factory started limited production of Powerwalls and Powerpacks in the first quarter of 2016 using battery cells produced elsewhere, and began mass production of cells in January 2017. Nevada Governor Brian Sandoval estimated that Nevada would enjoy $100 billion in economic benefit over two decades from the construction and operation of this factory. The grand opening event was held on July 29, 2016.
– Research says as of now only 1/10 th of worlds power is produced by battery and next couple of decades it will make only 3%.
– All major players such as Samsung , LG investing huge amount in battery powers etc.